Vegan hazelnut chocolate cake with nucao and fruits
We all love it - the classic chocolate cake . He simply sweetens every birthday and every coffee party with grandma, but always comes along with lots of sugar.
How about this time with a gluten-free, vegan and sugar-free example of the chocolate cake, which is also decorated with a delicious glaze from our nucao bars? It sounds weird at first, but don't worry - we've already tasted the cake in our office and couldn't keep our hands off it. Have fun and bon appetite while baking!
Ingredients for your chocolate cake
- 100 grams of rolled oats
- 50 g ground hazelnuts
- 50 g baking cocoa unsweetened
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 120 ml almond drink
- 100 g unsweetened apple puree
- 85 g maple syrup
- 70 g coconut oil
For the chocolate cake frosting:
- 2 bars of nucao Creamy Noisette
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Hazelnuts and fruit to decorate
Vegan chocolate cake with nucao – instructions:
- To prepare your chocolate cake, preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat. Then you grease a springform pan (diameter of 20 cm) with vegan margarine.
- Next, grind the rolled oats into a fine flour. Then put this in a large bowl with the ground hazelnuts, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and mix everything well.
- Heat the coconut oil slightly until it becomes liquid. Then you mix the almond milk, which has also been slightly warmed, the coconut oil, apple pulp and maple syrup and then fold them into the dry ingredients.
- Fill the finished part into the greased cake tin and then bake the cake in the preheated oven on the middle shelf for about 30 minutes.
- After the chocolate cake has cooled, roughly chop two bars of nucao Roasted Hazelnut and melt them together with the coconut oil over a water bath. You pour the liquid mass over the cake and then it can be decorated with fruits (e.g. raspberries or pomegranate) and hazelnuts.
Enjoy your meal!
More than chocolate cake: more vegan recipes
Whether for a birthday, for coffee at lunchtime or as a gift for friends and family: chocolate cake always works. But sometimes you need a little variety.