Vegan Protein Chocolate Mug Cake
Mug cake is the new banana bread! The lockdown food trend “banana bread” is long gone and has been replaced by (vegan) tomato feta pasta and crunch wraps – your Instagram is full of them too, isn’t it?
We think: noodles and wraps are good, but from a culinary point of view there is still more to come. That's why we would like to call for a new trend that is not only super delicious, but also an absolute comfort food: vegan protein chocolate mug cake.
Protein chocolate mug cake with nucao and numove.
The chocolaty mug cake is made super quickly, is perfect for breakfast or as a snack in a strenuous meeting marathon - and best of all: it fits exactly into a mug. The advantage of this is that you don't have to give anything to your hungry colleagues 😜
Mug cake: the ingredients
For the chocolate mug cake you need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons numove shake cacao cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flour of your choice (e.g. spelled)
- 1 tsp baking cocoa (more if you like it particularly chocolaty)
- 1 tsp flaxseed
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- some plant drink
- a pinch of baking powder
Of course, the topping should not be missing. We recommend:
- 1 nucao bar of your choice
- 1 banana and, if necessary, nut butter for decoration
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large mug. Then mash the banana and add it to the cup along with a dash of plant-based drink. Important: Mix well so that the flour does not settle on the bottom of the cup.
- The result should be a smooth batter that is not too runny. It's perfect when it's slightly thicker than pancake batter.
- If you want a liquid chocolate core, you can press a piece of nucao into the dough before baking - that's really tasty!
- You can now put your cup in the microwave for 2 - 3 minutes at full power. It's best to place them on a plate to be on the safe side, in case something overflows.
- As soon as your mug cake is baked, you can either turn it out or decorate it directly in the mug to your heart's content: with nucao graters, banana pieces, nut butter, powdered sugar or berries. Of course, there are no limits to your imagination!
Enjoy your meal!