Have you ever tried making bread with zucchini? Yes? Okay, I get it. You're playing for the top spot on the food nerd scale. No? Then now's the time to try it!
- 2 batches of flax egg
- 61 g apple puree
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 64 g coconut blossom sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 48 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 60 ml melted coconut oil
- 60 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 130 g grated courgettes (dry pressed and lightly packed in measuring jug)
- 100 g normal flour
- 60 g nupro vanilla
- 30 g oat flakes
- 40 g nucao
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare flax eggs (2 tablespoons linseed meal + 5 tablespoons water) and let rest for 5 minutes. Then add applesauce, maple syrup, coconut blossom sugar, baking powder, sea salt and cocoa powder and stir again.
- Then add the melted coconut oil and almond milk and mix with a whisk. Add the grated courgettes (which have been squeezed by the excess moisture) and stir to combine.
- Add flour, nupro and oat flakes and mix until the mixture has just mixed. If the dough seems too thick, add a little more almond milk. It should be thick and scoopable.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate pieces and pour the dough into the box mould.
- 45 minutes - 1 hour in the oven!
Let the zucchini bread cool down well before eating, then it tastes best 🙂